Monday, April 03, 2006

It's My Birthday!


It's My Birthday!
Originally uploaded by rhondamt.
Happy Birthday Lizzie! It is hard to believe we have only had her in our lives for a week. She fits so well.
We went with most of group today to visit the Temple of Six Banyan Trees. There are only two Banyan Trees left, but that is just a mere technicality. The temple is beautiful and it is nestled right in the middle of Guangzhou. A buddist monk blessed the babies and we strolled around looking at all the different brass buddha images. Then it was back on the bus to visit the Old Chen House , which had embroidery, carvings, and the like. It was mid-day by then and getting pretty warm. The babies and the parents were getting a little tired. After one last stop at the Provincial Arts and Craft Shop we were heading back to the hotel. Lunch and a quick rest and then off to the medical center for the babies physicals. The physical was pretty laid back. The hearing test consisted of squeaking two different toys and seeing turned her head to the sound. She was weighed and measured and poked and prodded a little bit. She didn't mind the hearing test, the weighing and measuring. Lizzie was not too happy with the poking and prodding from a very serious looking man behind a mask. But sherecovered quickly. All in all she was given a very clean bill of health and for probably the zillionth time Jeff and I got the "Big Baby!! Wow!" Several nurses after the weight check wanted to hold her just to see what she felt like. She wanted NONE of that and I don't blame her. Lizzie weighed 25.8 pounds and I have to say I was NOT surprised. My back has been telling me all week that this little girl is not 22 pounds. But Jeff and I think that she's perfect for our little family. Cooper at a year weighed 24.8 pounds and Nate weighed 26 pounds and something at a year. So Lizzie is right in between her brothers. She is also very tall although I didn't catch the exact measurement. So she is porportioned well. After the physical exam, Lizzie took a much needed nap and then we had cake with our travel group to celebrate her birthday. She was the belle of the ball. And right at the moment we were singing to her, two other travel groups walked into the room and sang right along with us. So Lizzie probably had close to 50 people singing her "Happy Birthday". It was nice. Not as nice as being home singing "Happy Birthday" with her brothers, but definitely the next best thing. Jeff and I have only two more days in China and then we are on our way home. We are really looking forward to home(not the flight mind you).
Cooper and Nate, I hope you have great days at school today and Cooper good luck with T-ball tonight. I hope you don't get rained out. It was wonderful to hear your voices this morning. We love you both THIS MUCH! And you know how much that is!!

8 comments:

Stacey T. said...

Happy Birthday, Lizzie!!! We should celebrate big when you get home!!!

Wow, Rhonda, nearly 26 pounds?? YIKES!! Your poor back!

Jen R. said...

Happy Birthday!

M3 said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie from Rod, Mary-Mia, Mango, and Xena. Make sure they save you some cake for breakfast tomorrow - that's a family tradition around our house.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie!

Gracencameronsmomy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Oh My gosh, Gracue only weighs 25 lbs at two and a half!!
Lisa

Chris Ayers & Kelly Kline said...

Lizzie is sure coming alive -- amazing to see the difference in her photos. No question that she is in the right place. It is just so lovely to see the transformation. --Kelly

Everyone Has a Story... said...

I'm a little late but I wanted to say...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZZIE!
Love following your story, thanks for sharing!
~Kim~

Donna said...

Happy Birthday, Lizzie! Believe it or not, I also spent my birthday at that very same temple! My birthday present was my forever daughter and your future little playmate, Gwen. Your birthday present was just as awesome! A forever family!

Donna