As you can see, Lizzie is acclimating quite well to her new digs. She and her brothers have a love/love relationship that seems to grow leaps and bounds daily. I think you can tell from the picture as well that Mom is about to pass out from exhaustion against the bathroom wall.
It has taken a good week to get over jet lag and get Lizzie sleeping some at night. The first few nights I will be the first to admit, I was not sure I was going to make it. Jeff and I were so fatigued and felt so nauseous from jetlag that we could barely function. Lizzie completely regressed with her Jeff attachment and went back to shrieking if I left the room. She only wanted me at all times and was waking at least every hour at night with much inconsolable crying. The only solution(that included sleep) was coming to bed with me. Jeff moved to the couch since Lizzie would flop and sleep very restlessly. But the last two nights(Wed. & Thurs.) I finally got her to sleep in her crib and she was soothed back to sleep about 4:00 am each night with back-patting. Tonight, she went to sleep with much less crying and Jeff and I are hoping for good sleep.
My brother, sister-in-law and niece are visiting from San Antonio so we have gotten out of the house each day going somewhere. Although, I have been dragging much behind the group each day, it has been great to get the boys out of the house and I think has helped Lizzie get on CA time much faster. Even with the rainy weather, we have been to the park three days, Discovery Museum one day, and the Shoreline Trail today. That would be my advice for people dealing with jetlag. Just try to keep going and nap when the baby naps. But DO fight the urge to lay around feeling awful all day. Hook yourself up to a caffeine IV and keep going.
After a week, we now know that Lizzie loves swinging, pork/vegetable sticky buns, her brothers, the bath, riding in her stroller, dancing, and chewing on blocks. She is up on all fours and so close to crawling. She pushes backward instead of forward, but the growth Jeff and I have seen in just two weeks is just plain miraculous. Here was a baby that would lay prone the first day or two whenever we put her down and now I can't get her to stop rolling and arching to change her diaper. She is trying so hard to pull up on the table, but can't get her legs under herself yet. I am in no hurry to see her mobile I have to admit. She already can pretty much destroy a room just by rolling. When she's crawling and toddling, I will have to watch her like a hawk.
Each day Jeff and I feel luckier and luckier. People tell us often, "Oh what a lucky girl she is! To come to the USA!" Jeff and I don't know how lucky she is to land in our crazy house. But we feel like the best kept secret is WE are the incredibly lucky ones. We somehow have been graced with the three most precious children. How we lucked out this much we will never know. Perhaps, Jeff or I were Mahatma Gandhi in another life. I really don't know, but we are definitely more blessed than we ever imagined we could be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
; )
Excellent update!! Lizzie is just blossoming!!!! The boys look so cute with her, too!
She looks so happy! Love the bath picture, glas the jet lag thing is working itself out...that was HARD.
Lisa
Whooeeee, that jetlag sounds hard. Not looking forward to that part. But I'm looking forward to everything else!!!
The kids all look adorable in that bathtime photo. What fun!
Your family is so gorgeous!
I know what you mean about feeling lucky and blessed. If you're like us, you're almost afraid to say it aloud for fear of jinxing it!
Donna
Very cute pics! We all have one extra blessing now that Miss Lizzie has arrived! If I know you, you will be babyproofed and ready for her mobility in no time ;0
Welcome Home! Love from your extended San Joes Hubei family -- Kelly, Chris & Helen
Awwwwww, WONDERFUL update!!
The regression stuff sounds hard...though totally normal, and the way you're both handling it is just futher testament to your awesome parenting. She IS a lucky girl, and all of you are blessed.
Anne.
Post a Comment