I remember what I was doing in May now.
I was doing a lot of worrying and a whole lot of praying.
My sweet, amazing, cousin Dianne was losing her battle with a rare and aggressive form of cancer.
Dianne and I are 13+ years apart in age.
She was always the cool, older cousin that I adored.
It was so hard for our family to watch her go through this ordeal, but she did go through it with such grace and courage.
She truly was a model of how to live life in the face of death.
Dianne & Me
This was her high school graduation and I was just a little skinned knee, chatter box.
Most of May was spent holding my breath and hoping for a miracle. When it was obvious a miracle wasn't going to come, I hoped for as little pain as possible.
On May 24th, Dianne left this world and left so many friends and family forever altered, including me.
No comments:
Post a Comment