Monday, December 06, 2010

Just Your Average Sunday


Yep, Tandem Skydiving

My mother turned 70 in October and she decided that she wanted to skydive.
I was surprised, but supportive and a smidge alarmed.
Skydiving is sort of extreme and a little insane.
Her first attempt was rained out, but this past Sunday was going to be her big jump.
Jeff, the kids and I all drove up to support her.
Cooper was excited.
Nate was nervous. 
He told us before we left that he was not "very comfortable" with this (his Nana jumping out of a plane).
Once we got up there though the kids were caught up in the excitement of it all.
The video clips looked very cool.
The owner seemed very knowledgeable.
When he suggested that I go with my mom I scoffed.
Skydiving was on my mother's bucket list...I don't even have a bucket list yet.
Cooper, though, took to the idea like a dog to a bone.  He wanted me to go so badly.  He begged, pleaded and begged some more. 
 Then he finally sealed the deal.
"All you ever do is laundry, grocery shop and drive carpool!  You've got to live, Mom!"
I decided, maybe he was onto something, and spontaneously signed on to skydive with my mom. 
Jeff thought it was great.
Cooper was really excited.
Nate was "even less comfortable".
Lizzie was genuinely clueless.



Well, we lived to tell the tale. 


 It was amazingly fun. 



 I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking it is something they might want to try. 


You will remember the sensation of floating above the earth for quite awhile.
I would say forever, but it's only been a day and half so I'm not sure.


It is quite a rush.



And the best part?

I would have to say being back on the ground.


Don't forget to thank your instructor who kept you alive.

My kids thought I was pretty cool for about 15 minutes.



I enjoyed that 15 minute rush in the air and on the ground.

A day my mom and I won't soon forget.




No comments: