Friday, August 29, 2008

Cooling Off in Our Fancy Pool

Oh, but we are a classy bunch. Check out our stylin' pool. This has just been the best week that I can remember. Jeff's company had a "It is strongly encouraged for everyone to take a vacation this week" shut down and Jeff always does what is strongly encouraged. His company never encourages vacation and as a result they've got this overflowing vacation pot. This week they are making people take it!! So it has been bliss. A paid week of vacation. Jeff has been around to take the kids to school, pick them up, help with lunches, meals and he has done all sorts of handy household projects. Our yards look wonderful, my shower door no longer sticks, the kitchen door has new weather stripping and we have been to Costco! He and I have also gone out to coffee twice and really, really enjoyed hanging out together at home without a million distractions. I wish we could do this every year. I told Jeff we need to start playing the Lotto big time. We need to become independently wealthy ASAP. Having two parents working around the house 24-7 makes it run really smoothly. We haven't had one kid dust up all week. No time-outs, no arguments, nada...I'm convinced it's because they are getting so much attention and have two parents to help them with whatever they need. Anyone have a whole bunch of money they don't need? So Jeff will never have to work again? Send it on over!!

No comments: