So I have been tagged by Stacey. That means that I answer some fun/silly questions about myself, post it, and then tag someone else. So here it goes...
What were you doing ten years ago? Jeff and I had been married six months. We were living in a sketchy apartment trying to save for a house. I was teaching second grade and settling into marriage. Jeff had just bought me skis, boots and poles for Christmas and we were planning lots of ski trips in the future.
What were you doing one year ago? Our paperchase was on hold as Jeff's company had gone bankrupt and he was looking for a job. We were heartsick about our adoption being put on hold and scared about how long he would be unemployed. But it was also very nice to spend some time with each other at home and Jeff had been unhappy for awhile with his company so there was some relief that it was over.
Five snacks that I enjoy: Only five?
1. Pita Chips (Staceys found at Costco)
2. Peanut M&Ms
3. Rice cake, spread with peanut butter and sprinkled with raisins
4. Jamba Juice Orange Dream Machine
5. anything chocolate
Five things I would do if I were a millionaire?
* I have always felt that having this much money would be more hassle than anything else. How does one even decide?
1. Buy a house that has enough space for three kids, a dog and two adults. Our current house is 1138 square feet of "cozy". Really "cozy"...a.k.a. "cramped".
2. Set aside enough cash for all three of my children to go to college/specialty training of their choice without worrying.
3. Purchase a vacation home near the ocean and another near skiing.
4. Buy my parents something crazy extravagant...a car? A cruise? Something they would really enjoy.
5. Buy my brother the totally impractical, convertible 60's type gas guzzling boat of a car he has always wanted.
Five Bad Habits
1. Being over-sensitive
2. Being a little too compulsive
3. Real Coca Cola (can't go diet...just can't do it)
4. No self control, I mean NONE, when it comes to chocolate chip cookies
5. Nervous chatter when I am uncomfortable
Five Things I Like To Do
1. Read
2. Go to the Beach, any time of year
3. Pajama Days
4. Go to dinner, coffee, lunch (doesn't matter) with my husband and then we hit the bookstore to browse
5. A satisfying dish session with a good girlfriend
Five Things I Would Never Wear, Buy, or Get New Again
( Almost everything I wore as a child or pre-teen is back in style. )
1. Mini skirts
2. Just about everything in Forever 21
3. Colored mascara
4. Fake nails
5. Legwarmers
Five Favorite Games or Toys
First I have to say that I am not very technically savvy. The blog is a stretch for me. So I don't have too many "toys". So I will go with games that do not make me cringe when my children pull them out and ask me to play.
1. Cranium
2. Memory
3. Sequence
4. Connect Four (Jeff and I actually played this for hours in a Thailand bar back in 1993.)
5. Jenga
Well that's about it. As I read this I find that I am not very exciting. Five games and they are all kid games? Yikes. What does that say? That my years of adult type entertainment are a pretty distant memory. And now if we are among friends and finally get the kids to sleep and still have some time to hang out we usually open another bottle of wine and relax. No one runs to the game cabinet and grabs Monopoly.
Well that's it for now. Still waiting to hear that the next group of matches has been mailed. Will post as soon as I hear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment