Feeling ever so much better...Happy New Year All!
My dear, wonderful husband promised me I could have one full day of funkdom and then I had to move on. However, about three hours into Friday morning he couldn't take my mopiness anymore. I admit I was going for full court press pouting. So, he resorted to drastic measures and took me and our two boybarians to the mall. He was a desperate man apparently. One new sweater and an In and Out cheeseburger later I was feeling much better about things. Hmmm....perhaps I am very shallow and should analyze how quickly he could reverse my mood with gifts and food. Wait...where was I? Oh yes, shopping. Today, he let me escape from the house again to shop with my mom. She and I hit the bargain, bargain racks at Macy's and I came home with two cute little outfits for Lizzie. Because she is coming home in just a matter of months mind you! And Jeff was very good. He "oohed and ahhed" over my purchases. Four items of clothing...$22.17 with tax. Not bad. My mom threw in the 17 cents. Then he let me take a nap! Because shopping can be taxing. The man is a saint. I feel so much better, but Jeff looks like he's been run over by a truck. I think an afternoon at the mall one day and three hours of Star Wars Lego play with two small boys the next day could do that to someone.
Happy New Year everyone. And to all my fellow LID 4/27 families we will get our daughters. I hesitate to say, "next" because who knows? The CCAA could start dividing LID's by last name. The next batch could be through 4/27 , but only if your last name is A-S and we would be skipped again! Or they could divide it by a.m. and p.m. Referrals through 4/27 and 11:59 a.m. I never, ever would have guessed that China would have divided March into two months and April into three months. Who knows...but I do know that we are getting our baby girl very soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm In and Out burger!!!!
Aimee
I heard a rumor on the French Yahoo group that the next set of referrals will definitely include April LIDs for families with last names from A through U. So you're IN baybee!!!!! ;-)
You're a way better sport than I. I would have claimed at least a week of moping, possibly a spa massage thrown in there too. I'm laughing at your post though, because Jeff sounds just like Rod -- he was probably ready to do anything to get you to smile. Gotta love these great husbands.
Enjoy your treats, and see you soon!
I love the term "boybarians"-- classic...Retail therapy AND a cheeseburger? Sounds like a little slice of perfection.
Post a Comment