An female African Rhinoceros has a gestation period that is 480 days long.
I never thought I would have anything in common with an African Rhino (other than both being mammals), but now I do. China sent matches this week and the referrals arrived yesterday at our agency. The cut off date was April 15. We are April 27 so we were not included in this batch.
So I started thinking this morning...we are NEXT finally without question, but our referrals won't show up until January. I counted the months and by the time we get our hands on Lizzie it will be roughly 16 months that we have been working on paperwork and waiting. 480 days. That is one long pregnancy. Poor African Rhino.
Congratulations to all those early April folks! And as good email buddy Stacey said last night..."We are next! Do the happy dance! We are next!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wooo, hooo! We ARE NEXT!!!!!
I am glad you are next, but it still sucks...at least now you don't have to jump every time the phone rings and enjoy christmas...Maybe you'll be in China around Chinese New Year's, I hear it is beuatiful!
Lisa
I'm so glad you guys are next. I was hoping and hoping that all the rumors were wrong this time around and we'd actually see referrals for the whole month of April. Oh well, I know, it was just a crazy dream.
But we are having the biggest celebration this town has ever seen when referrals come out next time honey!!!!!!
Yeah for you - you are next for sure. Can't wait to see your good news.
Post a Comment