Friday, September 19, 2008


Conservations with Nate
(Yesterday afternoon)

Nate: Mom, Mrs. Kent (his teacher) and I had a misunderstanding today...

Me: Really? A misunderstanding? How so?

Nate: Well, she thought I was being disruptive and benched me at recess, but really I was only trying to pick up trash.

Me: Picking up trash? Where?

Nate: Oh, under my desk...

Me: I see...so you were under your desk? Picking up trash?

Nate: Yep, and you know those desks are pushed awfully close together and I sort of got stuck inbetween all the desks in my group.

Me: Uh-huh...

Nate: And I couldn't get out without bumping the desks a little bit...

Me: Uh-huh...and were you making any noises?

Nate: Well, you know, just these kind...."OOOH! Ack!! Arghh!!" That kind.

Me: Okay, let me get this straight...You were under your desk, bumping around, moving your team's desks, making lots of noise while you were doing this, and distracting and disrupting your classmates.

Nate: See?? That's exactly what Mrs. Kent thought too, but REALLY, I was trying to pick up trash. Turns out there wasn't any trash under my desk after all. (Big shrugging of the shoulders) Just a big misunderstanding.


Oh my, my my. What am I going to do with him? Anyone?

No comments: