Here is photographic evidence of progress with the grandparents. We haven't caught them all on camera yet, but Lizzie is warming up to all four of her grandparents. All four grandparents have been trying really hard to get close to Lizzie without invading her space too much. I know it has been hard for them. They have waited for her just as long as us and were ready to just wrap her up in their arms. But they have all been patient and good sports. We are very fortunate and have both sets of grandparents relatively local. My parents are ten minutes away and Jeff's parents are about an hour away.
My parents stayed with us for two days while some work was done on their house and Lizzie really warmed up. We caught her playtime with Granddaddy in a few shots. He could also make her laugh a lot. She let Nana hold her and feed her and twice my mom got to her in the morning before I did when she woke up and she let Nana get her out of the crib and carry her around. Yeah!
This weekend I packed all three kids and the dog up in the mini-van and headed to my in-laws and Lizzie really relaxed with them too. Grandma got to give her a bottle and hold her quite a bit. Grandpa (who at 6'0 and similar coloring to Jeff would be the most intimidating one would think) got a very warm reception. He was even allowed to get her out of her carseat and carry her into a restaurant. Jeff and I were able to move around the house with relative freedom. It was so nice!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Rhonda:
Congratulations on your baby girl. I am new to your blog but what caught my attention is how close a resemblance your Lizzie has to my Gianna. In some of the pictures they could pass for sisters. Kinda freaky!
Glad to see Lizzie is making awesome progress. Gianna is not crawling yet but I hope it won't be long.
Gina
Post a Comment