WE ARE NEXT!
The group before us has officially received their matches! Congratulations to all those CCAI March DTC's! The matches arrived at the CCAI office early yesterday, were translated, and the calls go out today. So, it is official...WE ARE NEXT! Andrea at CCAI, God bless her, has the job of fielding phone calls of all the people waiting for their referrals. I am sure her title is much more official, but in my mind she is the "Hand Holder" of all of us neurotic parents waiting very impatiently for any news of our daughters. How she has the patience to take the same phone calls, with the same questions day in and day out I can not imagine. She is always kind and respectful when you know it must be so tempting to say, "Look! You called yesterday!!! I told you I would call you if we knew anything different! For crying out loud! Leave us alone!" Anyway, I digress, Andrea has told us April folk (and you would be so proud...I haven't called once, but glean all my info from my other Yahoo group friends that do stalk her) that we should expect our referral the last week of October, ala Nana's dream, or the first week of November. So we have about four more weeks and then we have news of Lizzie. How old is she? How big is she? What does she look like? All of those questions will be answered.
I respond to this excitement with retail therapy. I can't buy Lizzie clothes because I don't really know her size and because I have so many wonderful friends that have given me boxes and boxes of gorgeous, gently used hand me downs. She really will have a wardrobe like no other. So, I have started my Xmas shopping. It drives Jeff crazy, but I like to be very close to done by Thanksgiving. And this year I have the perfect excuse. If we are traveling to China over Christmas then I really HAVE to be done ahead of time. So, it's not like I am running out and shopping just for the therapy. It is something that just has to be done. Tough job, but you know, someone has to do it.
Gotta go, the shops open at 9:30 am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Rhonda that is such exciting news! I would be bouncing off the walls. And shopping. :-) Yes, I fully support the shopping! Have fun!
I am so excited (for you and me)!!!! Next is such a sweet word!
Post a Comment