Sunday, September 18, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

I just finished a fabulous birthday weekend. My birthday was yesterday, September 17, but I like to celebrate a birthday for about seven days. Really, why limit yourself to only one day? It started Thursday evening with a lovely dinner with a girlfriend. Love the Godiva chocolate cheesecake at Cheesecake Factory. On Saturday, after watching a very exciting game of soccer (Go Cooper!) I was off to lunch at PF Changs in San Jose with a few women that I feel I already know because I check their blogs daily. Stacey, Mary Mia, and Kelly were just as much fun in person as they are on the computer screen. The lunch flew by and three hours later we had to call it an afternoon. Oh yes, there was amazing chocolate cake and fried banana dessert. Then I was off to Burke Williams for a fancy schmancy spa pedicure with my fabulous Birthday Twin. It's great when your best pal shares your birthday. It makes celebrating birthdays twice as much fun. And so much easier for the husbands who just divide and conquer celebration duties and throw the kids together for an afternoon and evening of fun for everyone. Of course that also included the All American Chocolate Cake from Costco. The only drawback to sharing my birthday with the Fabulous Birthday Twin is she is a year younger which she enjoys thoroughly. Tonight we had dinner with my wonderful parents and my mother made my favorite chocolate cake. Are you seeing a theme here? Anyway, it was a great, great, great birthday. The only thing that would have made it greater would have been Lizzie, but that will have to be a special addition to my next birthday.

3 comments:

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

You go! I think it should be the 12 days of Rhonda..complete with dessert and mocha each day. Enjoy yourself..you deserve it.

M3 said...

So glad you had an awesome birthday!!! I had a blast at lunch too. What fun.

See you at the next NCCCW lunch. :-)

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday my fellow Virgo friend! See you at the next get-together! :)