The crib is up!
Jeff and I (or I should say mostly Jeff) assembled the crib for Lizzie this weekend. I put sheets on it and it is sitting in her room waiting for her. As we were putting it together we both marveled that we were getting it ready for the THIRD time. It seemed so unbelievable and absolutely perfect at the same time. Jeff and I met when we were 19 and 20. And now some several years later, we are getting ready for our third child. And traveling half way around the world to get her no less. I am sure when we met at the Halloween party in 1989 that Jeff never imagined in a million years that this was a girl he would eventually marry and have three children with. I know I didn't. I was just trying to escape this crazy guy with his head and arms stuck through an old mattress (that was his costume "mattress") and this rather cute blonde guy seemed like a good enough diversion. It worked. The Mattress quickly lost interest in me and the rest in history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment