Just Add Salt to the Wound
Cooper asked last night, for at least the bazillionith time, when we would get Lizzie's picture. I told him that although China was working very hard on matches they were a little behind and we wouldn't get Lizzie's picture for another month. Focusing on the good news and silver lining I mentioned that this meant Mom and Dad would be home for Christmas! Isn't that great? His face fell and he said, "You mean no Nana and Granddaddy Christmas?" Nana and Granddaddy are my parents and live in a wonderful, imaginary place we like to call "The House of Yes". I explained that of course we would see Nana and Granddaddy and Grandma and Grandpa over Christmas like we usually do, but Mom and Dad would be home for the school vacation and all the Christmas activities. Isn't that great? And my first born, the child that made me push for three hours to get him out, responds with, "Yeah I guess so..." very unenthusiastically. Salt in the wound!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Rhonda, that is so sad and so funny all at the same time!!! Believe me, he'll rather have you here then there!
Funny--My parents moved to the Land Of Yes immediately after my first born was delivered! I wonder if our parents know each other?!
:) Jodie
Rhonda,
Nana and Granddaddy are stiff competition. I think their home is a mild intoxicant for little people. No harm, no towel
Love,
Eddy, Nat and Charlie
Post a Comment