- Boys attended Walden West Summer Camp and loved it-the overnight was a big success once again and this year I didn't even worry one little bit about them being dragged off in the night by mountain lions
- Jeff and I non-celebrated our 15th Wedding anniversary on July 1st. He had a late dinner meeting in San Francisco, the boys had the family BBQ and campfire at Walden West which I attended with Nana. Jeff and I professed our undying love to each other, our joy at choosing each other on this day, our commitment to putting the other first every day...or we would have if we had seen each other at all awake on that day. I think we had this exchange telepathically using our super mind powers and did manage to exchange cards by leaving them out in the "card spot" for the other to find when they a) woke up or b)came home. We are still planning at some point to get out to a special dinner to acknowledge our day.
- We traveled to Paradise Springs outside Oakhurst, CA for a three day wedding extravaganza. Jeff's cousin Dylan married Bri and we were up there to help/participate with the nuptials. It was three fun filled days in a beautiful setting and ended with a great party. I took zero pictures, but am hoping to get my hands on some that the photographer and/or family members with much fancier cameras than mine took.
- After returning from the wedding we had about four days to unpack and then repack for a camping trip to Big Trees State Park. This was a first for Jeff and me. We haven't ever camped alone with our children. We have camped quite a bit by ourselves, but whenever we have camped with the boys we have always been with Jeff's family. This was a first for Lizzie and us. It was quite a shock each morning to realize that since we were there alone, we were the ones to make the fire and start the coffee, not Jeff's parents. Once we got over the shock of that it was great. We found a perfect creek for skipping stones and swimming. We saw beautiful trees and stars and just enjoyed our little family so much.
- We returned from four days in Big Trees and had a day to do laundry and unpack before my brother and his family arrived from San Antonio, Texas. We had a wonderful week visiting with the cousins and Ed and Natalie.
- This week we have been laying low. Lots of playing with the neighborhood kids, video games (hey it's summer!), reading, sleeping in...We are also preparing for our 8 day trip to Laguna Beach.
Nate's "Cozy" Seat in the Van-Heading to Big Trees State Park
Enjoying the Fire Pit
Back From A Hike
Family Walk Along Shoreline
The Family Renegade Being Guided Back to the Path
Lizzie, Xander, & Charlie
Uncle Eddy & Cooper Playing Old School "Tron"
Uncle Eddy & Nate Sharing Some Marvel Comics
Lizzie & Charlie in Matching Pj's From Nana-These Two LOVE Each Other
All in all it has been a fabulous summer and has gone by so quickly I can't stand it. There has been swimming with friends, lots of ice cream, scootering, bike riding and fun. School is just 18 days away and I have to say...I wish it wasn't here so soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment