Thursday, May 27, 2010

Project Backyard

Yard after being rototilled and leveled.  You can see Jeff's trenches.


I married a "Do It Yourself" man.  Jeff is extremely adverse to hiring anyone to do anything that he can do himself. He works very hard, is quite methodical, and really does a very good job.   I feel for him, I really do.  You see Jeff married a "Point and Pay" girl.  I am extremely adverse to doing anything that I could hire someone else to do. You can see where this would lead to conflict. We recently remodeled and although my husband can do a lot of things well, remodeling falls under the categories of things even he has to concede he can not do himself.

However, the backyard is his baby.  For the past five weekends he has weeded, rototilled (is this a verb?), leveled, dug trenches, jack hammered (again questionable verb usage) cement, installed sprinkler lines, crawled under the house to pull wires to the main wall unit he installed in the garage, shaped paths, put down weed cover, and picked up and wheelbarrowed (also not really a verb) 1/2 ton of grey fines rock to make the paths over two days.

On the first day of Project Backyard I weeded.  Since then I have had the important  responsibility of making sure there is beer in the fridge at the end of each work day.  This is critical to Project Backyard.

I wanted to document his work and progress.  Here are a few pictures;



Beginning of Sprinkler Lines


The Master Gardner (Refusing to smile for the camera mind you)


Path #1 Right off the new porch


Path #2 and #3 around our garden box

Pretty impressive right?  I know.  Of course none of this would have happened if I hadn't weeded.  Oh, also, I bring him water sometimes, too.

No comments: