Monday, May 10, 2010

April Catch Up

I just wanted to post a few pictures and record a few events that happened in April.  We didn't have any earth shattering life events, but regular life itself is busy enough.  Cooper and Nate are still swimming on their swim team, Lizzie is still working with speech therapists twice a week plus her gymnastics class once a week (which she loves!).   We had a lovely, lazy Spring Break.  We read a lot, slept a lot, saw some friends, a movie, and RELAXED big time. 

April 21, the lower elementary grades had their yearly Young Author's Fair.  The kids work on their own book, "publish it" and then invite a family member to come hear them read it and enjoy breakfast.  This year Nate really wanted his dad to be his date.  He made him an adorable card and apologetically told me, "I thought Dad would enjoy seeing me during the day.  You get to see me at school all the time."  Jeff was so thrilled and truth be told I didn't mind sharing at all.  I have been to six different Young Author Fairs so far.  I loved that Nate wanted to spend the morning with Dad.


April 28th we attended the Art Vista Show.  I loved Nate and Cooper's art. It's always so much fun to see what they do.  Nate's art is some sort of combo animal...Snake/Bird/Lion??  I can't remember all the different animals he mentioned, but if I study the picture I am sure I will see them all.  





Cooper's art was a cool medium of torn paper on a water colored background.  I thought he did a nice job.  He spent the Art Show hanging around with friends.  Every time I turned around to talk to him he was gone and I would find him slouching in a corner talking to friends or girls.  Hanging around with Mom, Nana, and a loud little sister and brother was deemed horribly uncool.  He did begrudgingly pose for a picture though. 





Nate and I also enjoyed a field trip to Bernal Ranch in San Jose.  I did this field trip with Cooper three years ago.  It is a study of our community over a hundred years ago.  The kids get a kick out of checking out ranch life if they had lived 100 years ago, (a lot more chores, a lot less video games). It was a lovely weather day.  We ended the trip with a short hike.  It was a lot of fun.


Nate holding an fresh laid egg (that morning-they were still warm!)


Nate Trying His Hand at Steer Roping


Just Leaning Over and Roping It


Actually Tossing the Rope This Time


Befriending a Bunny




No comments: