Vacations Go By So Quickly
We're home and we had a wonderful time. We missed a major heat wave while we were in Laguna. While it was in the 100's each day we were gone, we were enjoying breezy, cool, 70 degree weather. It was the perfect week to be gone.
We were pretty mellow this year. Spent time at the beach each day, saw friends one day, saw Jeff's grandpa and grandma each one day, spent a day at Legoland, but really spent a lot of time relaxing. The kids just loved playing at the beach and exploring tide pools. We had such a fun, restful time. The worst part of our vacation was my camera getting ripped off at Legoland. I put it down to rearrange the stroller, forgot about it and when we remembered and went back to that ride the attendant told us that someone had indeed turned in a camera matching my description, but that a man had seen them turn it in and then immediately claimed it as his own. The poor twenty something guy had no way of knowing so he gave it to him about ten minutes before we returned! I could just cry when I think of our vacation photos that are now gone. The pictures we did get were from Cooper's camera. So now I am researching cameras. At least I have a legitimate reason to get a new toy. Any recommendations out there? I know a lot of you take gorgeous pictures! I think I am ready to move on to something a little more complex than point and click, but don't want to be weighed way down by a big clunky camera.
I'm home now, sorting through the laundry. Jeff had class all day today and the kids and I have been just lazing around. I spent 2.5 hours today going to an Urgent Care clinic. Thank goodness my parents could watch the kids. A few days before leaving for our vacation I had been to the doctor for dizziness. They did a full blood work up and checked my ears. One ear had a little bit of fluid, but the PA thought it was probably just a mild virus and gave me medicine to help with the dizziness. So the dizziness was under control, but I was so worn out on our vacation and kept having headaches. I napped each day with Lizzie and by the time we got home yesterday after driving over the Grapevine (ear popping altitude) I couldn't sleep last night because of acute ear pain. The bloodwork had all come back normal so I figured I needed to get to a doctor for some meds. After waiting around a few hours in urgent care today I now have the antibiotics, a prescription antihistamine, Prednisone and pain meds. to kick this thing and sleep peacefully at night. The doctor looked in my ear and said, "Oh! What a mess!"
So our vacation was slow paced, restful, but definitely very fun. Not the go, go, go pace we usually take, but maybe that's okay this year. I'm off to fold more laundry and count the hours until Jeff is home so I can take my pain medication and crawl in bed. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:
HOpe you feel better! That sounds like no fun at all. Glad you guys beat the heat and had a good time....sounds like the ideal vacation.
Post a Comment