Monday, January 15, 2007

Reading


Reading
Originally uploaded by rhondamt.
It's been a very looooooong day. Although the kids had no school today, Jeff was working and isn't getting home until after 10:00 pm tonight. Same with yesterday. It's his company's yearly Kick Off and they started it Saturday and it goes through tomorrow evening. Jeff didn't have to attend Saturday, but has been MIA the rest of the weekend. Tonight after a day of three kids, two grocery stores, laundry, a visit to the vet with Sophie and lots of scuffling between siblings I was very quickly heading straight into Nervous Breakdown Alley. Then right after I wrestled Nate into the shower (literally), I came upon this scene. The same brother who had tortured his sister this afternoon by putting his big toe on her scooter car (yes, just his big toe was enough to send her into orbit-so of course he did it repeatedly) was now reading her as many books as she brought to him. I listened to about four myself. Sanity Saver right there.

2 comments:

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

Wow....three kids and two supermarkets? You are officially a major league mom! I would be adding my items to super nana's list and crying all the way home. :)

Such a sweet picture! They have a way of sensing the end of the mommy marathon and pull out the sweet stuff at the perfect times!

Jay & Claudia said...

Too cool...I love that story.