Thursday, July 27, 2006

Going to the Zoo....


Going to the Zoo....
Originally uploaded by rhondamt.
We went to the San Francisco Zoo yesterday to beat the heat. The heat wave has been really exhausting. It was fantastic to be in San Francisco, in the fog and the 60 degree weather. I have never been so thrilled to wear long sleeves in my life!! Lizzie loved the zoo. She especially loved the little black birds that roamed the ground pecking at crumbs of food. Cooper and Nate had a greater appreciation for the tigers, lions, giraffes, zebras, gorillas and many other amazing animals we saw. Every now and then Lizzie would notice an animal and pull forward on her stroller to get a better look. But mostly she would have been content watching those little black birds pecking around.

2 comments:

M3 said...

Cute picture! And great idea to beat the heat - I just can't believe how insanely hot it's been here. I think I'm setting a new record for most consecutive days of flip flop wearing, that's for sure.

See you soon,
xoxo,
M3

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

Great idea! Glad to hear your heat wave is over, that sounded brutal.

Birds are pretty cool too! Lizzie looks so grown up. She has changed a ton since we saw her last spring.