NO RUSH! Really....Take Your Time.
I am trying reverse psychology with the CCAA. It always seems to work with my four year old so maybe it will make the CCAA send my Travel Notice all the faster if I seem to be uninterested. As of right now I will stop checking my email 17 times a day, stop calling my agency every morning at 10:00 am because some poor person in the travel department told me that's when their mail from the CCAA usually arrives, STOP obsessing and thinking about my travel notice every second of the day. When people ask me if I have heard anything about when I will be traveling(got asked 11 times yesterday!) I will stick my fingers in my ears and sing, "La, la, la, la, I can't heaaaaaaar you." What do you think? Good plan?
Yeah, I didn't think it would work either.
It's been four weeks people. And now the whole benevolent, calm after our referral has worn off and I again have turned into Extreme Antsy Slightly Psychotic Waiting Mom of Adopted Child. And now I have a picture to stare at lovingly. I am not sure what is worse. No picture or picture.
Here's my rationalization for why our Travel Notice is right around the corner....Ready? It's pretty good. My good pal Stacey Teague (and of course you are probably reading her blog so you know her! She's in China now! Ryleigh is adorable! Check it out!) received her travel notice 17 working days after her referral. Yes, I know it's obsessive/compulsive for me to know this. Welcome to my world. SO....since the CCAA took a week long vacation the week after we received our referrals (some obscure holiday called Chinese New Year....Kidding! A well deserved break) it has only been 15 working days since our referral. So I think those TNs will show up next week. I would even venture a guess at March 1! That is the 18th working day for the CCAA after our referral.
And thankfully I have Mary Mia's blog to keep things in perspective for me. Check out her blog today about friends who met their little boy in Russia and came home thinking they would be back very shortly to get him and have had to wait for 8 months to get the chance to go get him. Talk about heartbreaking....it makes me thankful for my 6-8 week wait.
So four weeks down and hopefully no more than four weeks to go and we will be on our way to Hubei to grab our little girl and never let go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Come on TA's!!!!!!!!!
Should we make plans right now for where we're going to meet to celebrate when you get your TA?
You have to be going crazy. I would. Why is everything going so slow? I'm so sorry!! I feel your pain!!
Right around the corner...crazy, crazy, crazy making.:)
Post a Comment