TWO WEEKS DOWN!!
It has been two weeks since we learned about our beautiful Mei Ai Fang.
If the six to eight weeks to travel is accurate then we could be looking at less than four weeks until we are on our way to China. I am crossing my fingers for early travel. Part of me is hesitant to hope, the other part of me (the much larger part!) feels that with all the delays and waiting we did for the referral surely we won't have to go through it with travel right?? People often ask what we are waiting for now. We are waiting for the Chinese government to issue a Travel Notice. This is permission for us to come to the country and get our baby girl. Once we have our TN our agency makes all the various appointments we will need in China ending with the Consulate appointment in Guangzhou. This appointment is America's permisssion to come back with Lizzie. Then we head home. So now we want our Travel Notice!
My good buddy Stacey is leaving in just three days. Wow. That is so exciting. We are three weeks behind her group. We received our referral 22 days after Stacey. She received her TN and consulate appointment 3 1/2 weeks after her referral. So hopefully the travel timelines will stay consistent and we will be hearing about our travel notice in about 10 days.
Jeff and I have purchased luggage and just about everything we need. There are little odds and ends to pick up, but we are almost there. I have started making lists for my parents. Important phone numbers, schedules, etc...Although the schedule will be whatever works. We'll see if the House of Yes can withstand a two week trip. I think the House of Yes might be getting a little Maybe/NO remodeling. Perhaps with even a bit of the When Are Your Parents Coming Home You Little Monsters add-on. Tee-hee.
Our immunizations are done, Lizzie's room is ready, and we are just nervous balls of energy. Jeff went out and purchased a laptop this weekend so we can email and send pictures while in China. It is so fun. New toys!
The boys talk about their sister constantly. I just hope they remember they were this excited when she actually gets here. They both have taken her picture in for sharing and have shown it to any poor suspecting neighbor that happens by our home. They are proud big brothers. It is so sweet to see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope you get your TA soon! I think you are right,the house of yes won't withstand two weeks!!! Good luck to them!
Lisa
Not too much longer now!!! It's getting closer (and "realer" if you know what I mean) with each day that passes. Wow!!!
Lizzie is going to be one very well-protected little sis! The House of Yes is going to be the House of Fun with your parents loving every minute of it!! Big hugs and lots of love, nat
I still can't believe she weighed more at six months than my eight month old daughter does now!
She must be well loved and she will be well loved!
Post a Comment