Friday, August 26, 2005


Lizzie is the name we have chosen for our daughter. Her full name will be Elizabeth with part of her Chinese name incorporated as a middle name. Elizabeth is my mother's name,as well as my mother-in-law's, sister-in-law's, Grandma-in-law's, and several cousin in-laws' middle name. Plus it is one of our favorite names. So Lizzie it is.
I had a quilt made for Lizzie by my friend Jane's mother in-law Mary. Mary is a very talented quilter and kindly agreed to make a crib quilt for Lizzie. The quilt blocks are the Journey to California pattern and start in one corner with a China quilt block and move down to the opposite corner with our house in California. It's colors move from red to pink. It has handprints of both Jeff and I as well as our boys and Sophie the dog. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to wrap Lizzie in it. Jeff is very afraid she will ruin it by spitting up on it or worse! He just wants to hang it. I want her to use it first. It can be washed after all. I look at it every day and it never fails to give me chills. I think one of my favorite parts are the Mommy and Daddy handprints that are reaching for China. Then it ends with our house block and Cooper's , Nate's, and Sophie's prints. So it tells the story of Jeff and I getting her in China and arriving back at home with her brothers and her Wonderdog! Plus it has a pocket for a Beanie Panda and ladybugs and beautiful fabric and I could just go on and on! LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

I can not wait to see this gorgeous quilt in person. I cried when I saw it! I know, I am such a sap.

Alyson and Ford said...

Just "discovered" you. We are naming our daughter Lizzy. Congratulations on your travel plans. We will be reading your blog, hoping to glean helpful hints for our journey.