Monday, June 21, 2010

Cooper Turns 11


June 17, 2010-Cooper's 11th Birthday

It was Cooper's day.  His special requests included;
  • playing the Wii in his pajamas all morning
  • swimming with friends
  • BBQ hot dogs, watermelon, & chips for dinner
I made him my first ever layered cake. When I told Cooper I was going to bake him a layered cake, his first response was to gently pat me on the shoulder and say, "Mom, I think you should just hit the store."  Granted it was a little lopsided.  I also had to google how to frost it when crumbs starting mixing in with my frosting.  Thanks to ehow.com,  I managed to frost it and it was enjoyed by all. 







Our big gift to Cooper this year was a new headboard, foot board, and bedding.  He had been sleeping with the top half of his and Nate's bunk bed for seven months and the safety bars were very awkward.  Jeff ,however, was adamant that we needed to give Cooper the game Risk.  He remembers being Cooper's age and loving this game about strategy and world domination.  Apparently he was right on because the boys were sucked into a three hour game after cake and it was not until I insisted that they cease and desist and go to bed at 11:00 p.m. that they stopped.



No comments: