Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh the Romance of it all...

I went to the dentist yesterday for my regular check up and was again advised to get a better toothbrush. I have been told this for awhile, but wasn't willing to schlep out the funds for a toothbrush. New clothes maybe, but a new toothbrush? No thank you.

Yesterday was the day. I bought not one, but two fancy schmancy toothbrushes. Jeff and I are going to be celebrating our twelfth anniversary in about a month and I figured what says "I love you" more than oral hygiene? Ha. Anyway as I was buying our romantic anniversary gifts this lovely young girl is checking out next to me. Her hygienist had given her a bottle of champagne because she was getting married on Saturday. She looked so young, rested and excited. I found myself sighing and remembering the week before our wedding and the giddy excitement of that time. I looked back at my purchases. The receptionist made eye contact with me and we both started to chuckle. Once the happy bride-to-be skipped out of the office I said, "Twelve years, three kids later it's toothbrushes for your anniversary ." And the three receptionists (all women), plus my dentist(a man) all laughed and someone said, "Yep, that's what it all leads to. Electric toothbrushes for your anniversary."

4 comments:

M3 said...

Ha! Love it. We're too tired to do presents this year, so we're taking ourselves out for a fancy dinner while the folks babysit. Ahhhhh.

Jeff's Place said...

NOW THAT IS A TOOTHBRUSH!!

On ours we went to a Hockey Game!!
And they WON!!

14 years! Hockey & Hotdogs.

:)

Jay & Claudia said...

Watch Shrek 3. The kids are in bed...what do you want to do? You can guess :).

Mom to brown eyed kids said...

Too cute!