We were accepted by our agency on November 1, 2004. At the time, I was fairly sure we would be part of the lucky minority who were home with their daughter within 12 months. The paperchase average is 3-5 months. The wait for referral average is 6-8 months. The wait for travel average is 6 weeks-two months and the travel average is two weeks. So I assumed wrongly that since I was a hyper organized Type A person I could get the paperchase done in three months. I also assumed the wait for referral would stay six months and under.
The paperchase ended up taking exactly five months. We are now in our seventh month of waiting for our referral. I can't even guess about travel approvals and consulate appointments because really who knows? The media's focus on the BIRD FLU could really mess things up for international travel. For a big time control freak this total lack of control is maddening. We haven't heard anything more from our agency on referrals. They don't have any new news. The rumor mills are running rampant and no one has any idea what is really going on. Frustrating to say the least. Now I am just hoping for news on Lizzie before Christmas so I can justify more retail therapy on clothes that are in her size!
Please, whether you pray, chant, light incense, cross your fingers, or just plain hope, keep us in mind! I need a collective "Please" to go out into the cosmos. We want our baby girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fingers and toes crossed and I will do the chocolate fountain raindance in your honor. *grin*
Seriously, I hope you hear excellent news way before Christmas. :-)
Hugs to you and all the good wishes I can muster for you. There are a lot of people behind you (and behind you in line).
I'm so sorry this is taking so long. I can really feel your frustration. This certainly wasn't an anniversary you wanted to celebrate without your baby!
I'm also crossing my fingers that you get some resolution really soon!
Post a Comment