Lizzie's Shower
So what's a sure fire way to end a pity party? Have someone throw you a real party! Sunday, November 20, was Lizzie's Baby Shower thrown by my dear friends Laura and Jen. They did such a wonderful event. I will try to post pictures later. The food was yummy, the cake delish, and the favors were adorable. Chocolate fortune cookies with personalized messages on the inside. Do these girls know me or what? Jeff and I received so many beautiful things for Lizzie; toys, clothes, blankets, baby books, gorgeous diaper bags etc...I was just so overwhelmed. My sister-in-law, Natalie surprised me and flew in from Texas! I had no idea. I knocked on the door and she opened it. I dropped all my packages and just screamed. So amazing. All of our dear friends were there, Nana, Grandma, and both of Lizzie's aunts. It was so special.
Stacey made Lizzie the most beautiful quilt. That was another surprise. In Chinese culture when a baby is born all her family and friends send a quilt square with a good wish and then the mother sews it into a quilt. I know my limits and knew that Lizzie would end up with a stack of quilt squares and lots of good wishes, but no quilt, so I didn't attempt this particular tradition. Stacey on the other hand is sewer, quilter Extrordinaire and is making her daughter one. She even joined a yahoogroup to exchange squares with people. She MADE Lizzie a 100 Good Wishes quilt. I was so touched. Everyone at the shower was speechless. Lizzie's actual quilt is the quilt displayed on the yahoo group homepage. When you click on the picture you will see Lizzie's quilt made by Stacey (and I think her legs). Here it is, OHGWQ : 100 Good Wishes Quilts.
This whole process has been long, long, long and without all the support of these special friends and family it would have been unbearable. Jeff and I are just so lucky to have this kind of love and support. Pity Party is officially over!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray!!!! It sounds like you had an absolutely wonderful day. Just what you needed. :-) Lizzie is going to love all of those cool presents (well maybe the toys more than the diaper bags, hee hee, I think those might be for mom), and that quilt is amazing. Wow!!
So glad you had fun, you deserve it! Wish I could have switched our weekend around to come, I would have loved to see your 1000-watt smile. :-) Take care and enjoy.
I wish I could have been there to meet your friends!
I'm so glad that you like the quilt, too!!! Can't wait to see little Lizzie using it!
Oh, and it took me three tries to leave a comment because I couldn't get the word verification right! hahaha!
Rhonda,
It was such a blast seeing your reaction! Priceless...
Love you,
Nat
Post a Comment